RMRA’s board member Bob Shorma is looking for local trades people to support an independent fundraiser.
Bob is renovating a house in Boulder and upon sale all profits will be donated to RMRA & the Rett Clinic at Children’s Hospital Colorado. The majority of the work will happen in fall, winter and spring of 2019/20 with the goal to sell the house in spring of 2020.
Bob is looking for the following support:
- Electrician: The Electrical, Plumbing, Window installation are all smaller jobs. Much of the electrical is done, but we will need to install a new panel and do the hookups.
- Lighting supplier: prefer LED lightning
- Plumbing: I am adding an additional bathroom so there will be new plumbing needed there along with updating some of the older plumbing.
- Insulation: The walls in the upper floor along with the ceiling will need insulation. There was never any insulation in the main floor walls. We will need both spray in foam and blown in attic insulation.
- Drywall installation: The entire upper floor and ceiling will be getting new drywall.
- Roofing: All shingles will need to be replaced
- Siding: We will be residing the entire house. The 1960’s siding just isn’t going to cut it.
- Windows: Replacing all windows on the upper floor and adding a few as well.
- HVAC: Need to run a small amount of new duct work and evaluate the current furnace.
- Oak flooring: The entire upper floor is oak flooring. There will be a small amount of repair work and refinishing of the entire main floor. Approx 1000 sq ft.
- Interior Design: For guidance so that we can sell the house at a high price
- Appliance supplier
- Cabinets & Counter tops: Need new counter tops in the kitchen/island and possibly the bathrooms
- Hand railing: Putting new handrail in on the stair system. Probably metal rail with metal banister.
- Photographer: We will want pictures of the finished house for marketing/promotion.
- Staging: We will want to have the house staged with furniture for the open house.
To donate your time or supplies, please call Bob at 303-829-1344 or email him directly.