RMRA has achieved a lot since its interception. Nearly all of the work is done on a volunteer basis. We rely on donations to provide the supportive services and resources to girls and their families, from engaging in advocacy, education and awareness efforts, and raising funds to support the search for a cure and improved treatment options. We have worked together to raise the money to form and continue to support the Rett Clinic at Children’s Hospital Colorado.
How you can help
Become a committee member or board member
We have several committees that are looking for additional members – the Development Committee and Family Support & Engagement Committee. For more information on committee responsibilities contact Jessica Lindsley at Jessica.email@example.com.
Make a direct donation!
Donate conveniently through Colorado Gives, at ColoradoGives.org – 100% of your funds will help those impacted by Rett Syndrome.
Corporate Sponsors and Employee Match Programs
Don’t forget to ask if your employer matches charitable gifts – it’s an easy way to double, and in some cases triple, your donation. Besides, RMRA is a 501(c)(3) organization, so all donations are tax deductible.
Participate in an RMRA event
Volunteer for the RMRA’s annual events or participate in one of our upcoming events. You can either help in person at the event itself or raise awareness by spreading the word on social media and inviting all your friends and family! See all upcoming events here.
Create awareness of Rett Syndrome and RMRA
- Like our Facebook page, Twitter page, Risers4Rett Facebook page or Risers 4 Rett Instagram page and help out by liking, commenting or sharing posts and events to get the word out.
- Subscribe to our RMRA Youtube Channel and our Risers 4 Rett Youtube Channel, watch our videos and comment or share them.
- Write blog posts for RMRETT.org. We are looking for blogs about how people deal with Rett Syndrome. No need to be a talented copywriter, we’ll polish your text. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you some ideas.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to be in the know what’s happening. Share important info with family and friends.
- For Rett Awareness Month (October) light your house in purple to and ask your local newspaper to write an article about it. Wear purple and tell people why. Watch our social media pages to get more ideas.
Set up your own fundraising event
It’s easy, fun and we’ll help you! Don’t like to ask for money? No problem! When sending your invite, tell your friends to donate to your favorite charity, the RMRA! Need a few event ideas? Read on!
- Have a charity party at your house:
Maybe a spaghetti dinner, a pancake breakfast, a barbeque in your backyard or a wine tasting? The options are endless!
- Get a group together in a community setting: Organize a picnic, a happy hour at a bar or meet at a community center. No clean up necessary!
- Organize a sale: Do you like baking? Then maybe a bake sale is a great idea! Or your kids would love a have a lemonade stand?
- Set up a community event with a purpose: How about a Walk, a Ride, Run? Maybe organize a dance? Or maybe a golf tournament? Think about your hobby and how you can make this beneficial for the RMRA.
- Go big and fancy: Go even bigger and organize a gala. It’s a great opportunity to ask all your friends to come!
- Ask for a donation instead of a gift: Have a birthday coming up and your house is already full of “stuff”? Or maybe your company is looking for a cause? Ask for donations to the RMRA!
- Host an online event: No time to host an event? Start an online event through ColoradoGives.org, Facebook
- Help run an ARC collection drive: ARC has created fundraising opportunities where organizations can collect items for ARC and then ARC will give a monetary donation to RMRA.
Shop with benefits
- Use Amazon Smiles when shopping on Amazon. Shop on Amazon Smile instead of Amazon (same items, same costs to you). If you select RMRA as your charity of choice on Amazon Smiles, Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to RMRA!
- Get a King Soopers card. King Soopers is donating percentage of your shopping amount spent as long as you use a specific card. Read how it works in our blog “3 Easy Ways to help the RMRA!
If you need help setting up a fundraiser, have other fundraising ideas or want to volunteer in another way, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for getting involved and making a difference! The children affected with Rett syndrome thank you for any and all of your efforts. Have more ideas? We would love to hear them. Talk to us and email email@example.com